Spotlighting our previous awardees – where are they now? Featuring: Kinexcs
Their winning product: A wearable device which monitors a patient’s condition and administers therapy.
How it works: A mobile app remotely monitors, tracks, and analyzes a patient’s condition during postoperative rehabilitation.
Its target users: Patients who have gone through lower limb surgeries.
1. What was your biggest takeaway from the Modern Aging program?
Learning how to communicate effectively in a structured way to an audience who may or may not be familiar with the industry or product. Modern Aging offered a lot of practice and training on how to create and refine pitch decks, which was instrumental in taking the company forward.
2. What is one thing you wish you had known before starting your entrepreneurial journey?
The challenges involved in working with clinical institutions, specifically when conducting patient trials.
3. What piece(s) of advice would you give to our final teams of entrepreneurs in general?
Really understand the space you’re going into before you go into it. Know the skills required, what the development process entails, and so on—we were unconfident of these details, initially.
4. How do you believe you have made an impact on the elderly population?
We are too early in our product’s lifetime to have had a direct impact yet. So far, however, our pilot studies have helped us build models to enable faster recovery.
5. What do you think your market will look like in the next five years?
Competition in the elderly space will become more aggressive; wearable products will evolve into a futuristic form and design that will seamlessly integrate into our lifestyles.
To get in touch with Kinexcs, please contact founder Abhishek Agrawal at email@example.com.
Stayed tuned here and subscribe to our newsletter to receive the latest updates on upcoming Modern Aging events!
Written by: Diya Gopalan