Modern Aging Seminar Series: Tourism and Senior Travelers
The benefits of travel for seniors are increasingly well documented. Travel can help in tackling social isolation and increasing social interactions as well as support physical health through increased physical activity levels. However, as we age, our needs change and we have to overcome new challenges.
Join us for the upcoming seminar from the Modern Aging Seminar Series on 11 November 2017 – Tourism and Senior Travelers. Listen to leading practitioners share their insights, and hear from students from the National University of Singapore’s Institute of Systems Science as they showcase their design solutions to help seniors make the most of their travel opportunities.
This seminar is organised by ACCESS Health International and NUS Enterprise, with our supporting partners NUS Institute of Systems Science and BLOCK71 Singapore.
Register now at https://modernagingtourism.eventbrite.sg
- 9.00 - 9.30
- Registration with morning coffee/tea
- 9.30 - 9.40
- Welcome Remarks
- 9.40 - 10.10
- Designing for the Senior Traveler
- by Tamsin Greulich Smith, NUS Institute of Systems Science
- 10.10 - 10.30
- What do Seniors want in Travels
- by Helen Lim, Silver Spring
- 10.30 - 10.50
- Useful Travel Aids for Seniors
- by Vanessa Keng, The Golden Concepts
- 10.50 - 12.00
- Dragon’s Den
- Presentations by students from NUS Institute of Systems Science
- 12.00 - 13.00
- Lunch and Networking