Modern Aging Singapore Finale 2017
Join us at the Modern Aging Singapore Finale on 24 November 2017!
The Modern Aging Singapore business accelerator, focused on developing innovative solutions for the aging population, will conclude with 7 finalist teams pitching for funding in front of a live audience.
The 7 finalists are:
- Alo: A VR platform that enhances the well-being of seniors
- Cycling Without Age: A trishaw service for seniors to alleviate social isolation and share stories, while feeling the wind in their hair
- DoctorBell: Accelerating access to trusted medical care
- Finger Reader: A user-friendly wearable device enabling visually impaired users to access visual information on the go
- IGAIT: An intelligent gadget for improving the abnormal gait of patients with mobility issues
- Mobearlize: EMMA is a simple power add-on device to motorize manual wheelchairs
- Project We Forgot: A social network for family caregivers to find support and access resources
Witness the best ideas emerging from the programme and network with amazing entrepreneurs and investors. You can also express your creativity in our collaborative art mural painting, which will commence at 1.45pm.
We are happy to welcome Dr Amy Khor, Senior Minister of State for Health, as our Guest of Honour. Mr Claus Zieler of Bayer Pharmaceuticals Asia Pacific will give a Keynote on Aging in Asia Pacific and the role of Health Innovation.
The event will also include a screening of the winning film of the Modern Aging Short Film Contest.
The Modern Aging Finale is free and open to the public. Light refreshments will be provided.
RSVP now at https://modernagingfinale2017.eventbrite.sg
- 2.00 - 2.30pm
- Note: Collaborative art mural painting begins from 1.45pm onwards
- 2.30 - 2.40pm
- by Prof Wong Poh Kam, Director of NUS Entrepreneurship Centre
- 2.40 - 2.50pm
- Remarks by Guest-of-Honour Dr Amy Khor
- Senior Minister of State for Health and Environment & Water Resources
- 2.50 - 3.00pm
- Keynote on “Aging in Asia Pacific and the role of Health Innovation”
- by Mr Claus Zieler, Senior Vice President and Head of Commercial Operations for Bayer Pharmaceuticals Asia Pacific
- 3.00 - 3.40pm
- Pitching by 7 finalist teams
- 3.40 - 4.00pm
- Tea Break
- 4.00 - 4.15pm
- Regional Update of Modern Aging
- by Dr Liu Chang, Managing Director at ACCESS Health International
- 4.15 - 4.30pm
- Seniors Performance
- by Singapore Broadway Harmonica Ensemble
- 4.30 - 4.40pm
- Film Screening
- Winning film of the Modern Aging Short Film Contest
- 4.40 - 5.00pm
- Winners Announcement and Awards Presentation
- 5.00pm onwards -
- Networking and Showcase